Monday 12 June 2017

BUT IT IS HAPPENED UNTO THEM

"BUT IT IS HAPPENED UNTO THEM"

The scriptures talked about it
I've heard it in stories.
It happen in films
I have also seen it in real life
"... the sow (pig) that was washed to her wallowing in the mire"
It is a pitiable condition to be. It is an unpalatable scene to behold. When a well washed pig decides to go back to the dirts from which she was cleansed. When this happens:
- It renders the labour of the washer useless
- It creates an impression of ingratitude
- It makes mockery of the owners efforts
- It gives the younger ones license to follow in like manner
- It grieve the owner
This case of "the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire" explains the condition of a backslider. It means he has been a Christian before who believes the totality of the word of God but along the line went back to the evil he has once rejected and renounced. It us an evil predicted to be preeminent in the last days. Many a youth have followed this abjuratory lifestyle of pigs.
Backsliding is a snare and a trap set by the devil to pull down or bring back one who has been on the right track of the truth. It is aimed at making him refute the totality of the truth he has once believed, preached and defended. It weakens such a one's spiritual understanding to the extent that it becomes difficult for him/her to agree that his new style of belief is wrong. It emboldens its victims such that they can defend the present error publicly more than the way they could even have done for the original they once had.
It is a situation deserving an inciting pity when a vibrant Christian suddenly turns around to belief a form of gospel that is against the genuineness of the gospel.
This cancer of backsliding eats up the possibility of returning to the original truth in its victims and leaves them with an a large space filled with falsified gospels. The victim finds no reason to see that he has changed his direction of path. And that danger lies ahead in this new route.
The major reason the devil is doing this is just to make those who could have been strong pillars in the house of God to become caterpillars. The devil makes use of the spiritual noesis to destroy that which is true by simply altering the truth they have already known. This can only be done in two ways - either by adding a little to it to make it look like what is not or by removing something from it to make it accommodating.
Little do the victims know that they have given off their mansions in heaven and that they have started a foundation of eternal pains and regrets.
It pains me when I hear of people who have been fervent in the Lord and decides to turn away from the Lord. Though I know there will be falling away before Christ returns the second time but I know that His grace is still sufficient to see those who are determined through.

"I have decided to quit the way of sin and Satan
I have given a quit notice to the world and its lust
I have lost it all, the sensitivity to sin
I have bidden devil farewell never to be entangled

I have decided to follow the path of the cross
I have counted the cost and I cannot give up
I hold on to the totality of the scripture
I have vowed a vow and will not recount

I have chosen the path of life, Lead me Lord
I have declared Christ as Lord, see me Through
I have a crown to wear, Redeemer, hold me
The fort I hold, Your grace is enough for me"

No comments:

Post a Comment