Friday 12 May 2017

LISTEN TO ME YOUTHS

Letter from Tamar David

I was sent to feed my brother.
I went as an obligation without a bother,
My obligations blindfolded me
That I refused to see the voice of warning.

As a royal lady with magical hands,
I cooked, feeling good to be useful at hand.
The sounds of my utensils deafened me,
That I couldn't hear the call of warning.

For a brother who loved me indeed,
I try to reciprocate the love in deeds
I felt  happy being useful,
Until his cup of lust was full.

He ordered all men out of His chambers,
As I walked majestically to his bedchamber,
"Love", he called it, "Love" I thought,
Until I realise my body he sought.

At first, I thought it was a brotherly joke,
It was too late to discover the devilish joke
I beseeched him to get me married to him,
But he was lost in his lusting.

He did the unexpected,
Immediately, I was dejected,
His fulfilled desire made me a rejection,
And I became rejected by compulsion.

I wasn't fit to put on the robe,
I searched earnestly for a rope
My crown was substituted for ashes
As my future was filled with dashes.

I cried and cried, but my tears were helpless,
I was foolish to think his bedchamber was harmless,
It dawned on me that I was intentionally careless,
Warning spoke, caution shouted but I heard less.

My old aunt(Dinah) fell victim,
I was also foolish though I wasn't visiting,
What can I do over my loss,
I had no option but to bear my cross.

O daughter of the Great King,
Hear my cry,lest you begin to cringe
There is an Ammon in his bedchamber,
Waiting for who to batter.

Do not be foolish to approach,
Lest you exchange your crown for ashes.

Letter from Tamar David (2Samuel 13:1-19).

Author: Anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment